Asymmetric Cephalopods Earrings Tutorial
As seen in the Rings & Things Summer Supplement 2013. Created by: Amy Mickelson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe
Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
To purchase components, add blue quantities to corresponding "Add" fields below.
- Use scissors or an oval craft punch to cut images to fit bezel cups.
- Seal both sides of image to prevent possible discoloration of the image.
- Once dry, glue image to bezel cup to prevent image from floating.
- Read and follow manufacturer's instructions for preparing resin.
- Slowly pour resin into bezels. Remove any bubbles by waving a lit match, or blowing gently into a straw over the
- SuperClear resin domes nicely in bezel cups.
- Use a box lid to cover the pieces to prevent dust from landing on the resin surface while the cure.
- 2" head pins are long enough to create messy wrapped loop dangles.
- 1 0.5 gross [use 2] #31-946-4 Ball Post with Loop, 6mm Half Ball
- 1 strand [use 11] #28-000-010-453 Bead, Glass, Faceted Rondelle, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 11] #28-000-006-211 Bead, Glass, Faceted Round, 4mm
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #46-301-61-0 Bezel Cup, Oval, 25x18mm, 2 Loop
- 1 each [use 2 images] #83-231-04-008 Collage Sheet, Sailing the Ocean,
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 22] #37-091-20-4 Head Pin, 2", Thin, Ball End
- 1 each #86-940 Inkssentials™ Glossy Accents
- 1 ounce [use 16] #37-113-2 Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- 1 each #82-599 Mixing Set
- 1 gross [use 2] #33-284-2 Nut, Mechanical Grip with Flange
- 1 each #82-503-06 SuperClear Resin, 6oz kit
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- Box lid
- Scissors or oval craft punch (available from craft supplier)
- Small paint brush
- Wax paper