For more jewelry fasteners, see:
Which clasp works best with what? That's a question we get a lot. Here's a basic guide that will help you:
Back to top
- Lobster claw clasps are a hugely popular all-purpose clasp, available in many sizes and metals. Choose small sizes for delicate designs and large sizes for chunky statement jewelry.
- Magnetic clasps work great for bracelets since you don't need both hands to close them. They're also good for people with limited mobility.
- Toggle clasps also work great for bracelets since they can be clasped with one hand. Many toggles are also a great choice for lariats since they often feature decorative elements that can be playful aspects of your design.
- Spring ring clasps are a traditional choice that is especially popular on necklaces. They tend to come in smaller sizes, so work best on lightweight and delicate necklaces.
- Additional clasp styles each have their own special place in the world of jewelry design. What are the best ways to use hook and eye clasps, box clasps, barrel clasps, pearl clasps, etc.? Click into each category of clasp above to find out more!