Compass Pendant Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe
Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
To purchase components, add blue quantities to corresponding "Add" fields below.
- Cut the image to size and laminate or seal.
- Paint the swallow with snowcap mixative. Use a cloth to wipe away excess paint so that paint is primarily in recessed
- Allow the charm to dry and colorize with alcohol inks.
- Let the inks dry and seak with Vintaj Glaze.
- Create the bronze wire-wrapped bead and patina.
- Dap the foliage components and create the connecting bail.
- This pendant can be used on a choker, ribbon or necklace of your choosing.
- 1 each #60-230 Adhesive, Epoxy, 330
- 1 each #86-110-005 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink
- 1 each #86-110-010 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink
- 1 each #86-115-049 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink Mixative
- 1 each #86-421-901 Glaze, Vintaj, 0.5oz
- 1 each #88-109-12-0 Pendant, Swooping Swallow, 21x41mm
- 1 each #55-701-05-6 Shadow Box, Hinged, Round, 1-5/8x1/4"
- 1 pkg of 12 [use 2] #55-000-08 Tim Holtz idea-ology®, Foliage
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- 1 spool [use 6"] #47-400-SP Wire, Copper, 18ga, Round, 50'
- 1 spool [use 12"] #47-800-18 Wire, Bronze, 18ga, Round, 200'
- #69-317 Ink Palette
- #69-199 Tool, Dapping Block & Punches, 8 Punches
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-351 Tool, Safety Glasses, Mirrored
- #69-380 Tool, Tapered Flush-Cutter
- #69-274 Tool, Wood Plier Rack with Drawer
- #69-275-09 Tool, Wubbers™, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-03 Tool, Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-21 Tool, Wubbers™, Medium Bail Maker
- #69-275-02 Tool, Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers
- 0000 steel wool
- Copyright-free image of compass
- Cloth or paper towels
- Small paint brushes
Page 1 of 2