Twin Owls Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
Prepare the Brass Blanks
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
To purchase components, add blue quantities to corresponding "Add" fields below.
- Polish the brass blanks with the micro-fine sanding sponge.
- Measure and mark the hole position on the house with square window blank; one hole centered in the top and one hole centered in the bottom. Punch both holes.
- Use masking tape to tape the punched blank to one of the remaining three blanks. This will make it easy to punch matching holes. Punch the holes. Repeat this step with the remaining two blanks.
Add Images to Create your House Charms
- Use a pencil to measure and mark the owl images; the paper should be slightly larger than the opening, but smaller than the blank.
- Cut out the image.
- Glue the images to the solid blank backs, being careful to position the images so they line up with the front window openings. Allow to dry.
- Cut and apply clear packing tape to seal the images and burnish in place.
- Glue each window blank to its coordinating blank back and allow to dry.
Adorn the Kidney Wires
- Cut the wire in half. Temporarily straighten the leg end of the kidney wire. Lash four coils on the kidney wire near the loop and add a clear bead; repeat with two more beads and end with four coils. Cut the lashing wire flush. Reshape the kidney-wire leg.
- Repeat to adorn the second kidney wire.
Assemble the Earrings
- Add a glass drop to a jump ring and connect to the bottom punched hole of the house charm.
- Add the adorned kidney wire to the top punched hole of the house charm.
- Repeat with the second house charm.
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 each [use 8"] #46-406-30 Artistic Wire®, 26ga, 90ft
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 6] #23-443-042 Bead, Glass, Firepolish, Round, 3mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #23-319-042 Bead, Glass, Tip-Drilled Teardrop, 9x6mm
- 1 pkg of 10 pair [use 1 pair] #44-721-07 Blank, House with Circle Window
- 1 pkg of 10 pair [use 1 pair] #44-721-08 Blank, House with Square Window
- 1 each [use 2 images] #83-231-01-002 Collage Sheet, Vintage Birds, Square
- 1 ounce [use 2] #37-136-6 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 0.5 gross [use 2] #34-174-6 Kidney Wire, 37mm
- 1 each #83-101 Sharpie®, Extra Fine Point
- #69-257-0005 Sanding Sponges, 1200-1500 Grit
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- Clear packing tape
- Masking tape
- Paint brush
- Ruler (ask for FREE Rings & Things ruler with your next order!)